Learn FileMaker Pro 16
The Comprehensive Guide to Building Custom Databases
By Mark Conway Munro
Written by a long-time FileMaker developer, this book contains material for developers of every skill level. It includes everything a beginner needs to get started building FileMaker databases and contains advanced material that seasoned professionals will appreciate.
FileMaker Pro 16 is a powerful database development application used by millions of people in diverse industries to empower users, simplify data management tasks, leverage business information and automate mundane tasks. A custom solution built with FileMaker can quickly tap into a powerful set of capabilities and technologies to offer users an intuitive and friendly environment in which to achieve new levels of efficiency and professionalism. Professional developers can extend the built-in functionality and totally customize the environment with custom functions and menus to super-charge the results and create a truly unique and focused experience.
What You’ll Learn
- Explore the FileMaker application from a user perspective
- Create database files, tables, fields and relationships
- Write calculations using built-in functions and create your own custom functions
- Create SQL queries to build fast and efficient formulas
- Design user interfaces with an array of powerful objects
- Unify layout formatting using themes and styles
- Customize the menu bar to create a unique application tailored for users
- Automate tasks with scripts
- Extend the available functions and script steps with plug-ins
- Unlock the power of security access functionality
- Provide simultaneous access to teams by sharing databases across a network
- Analyze a database structure to ensure a solid design
- Includes a complete reference guide for built in functions
- Covers new features of version 16 such as JSON functions, Cards, Layout Object window, SortValues, UniqueValues, using variables in Data Sources and more!
See the entire table of contents here.
For more information, visit the FileMaker, Inc store.
Hire the Author
Mark is the president and founder of Write Track Media, Inc., a computer consultancy that designs and develops custom database and workflow automation systems for a wide range of industries. The company can provide professional collaborative assistance with a project or fully develop custom databases and workflow automation solutions.
For more information, visit the Write Track Media website.