The Comprehensive Guide to Building Custom Databases has something for everyone!
September 9, 2017 — Apress released Learn FileMaker Pro 16: The Comprehensive Guide to Building Custom Databases by Mark Conway Munro.
Learn FileMaker Pro 16 presents a comprehensive guide to the FileMaker Pro development environment, covering everything from basic database concepts to advanced functions and features. Written by a long-time FileMaker developer, this book contains material for developers of every skill level. It includes everything a beginner needs to get started building FileMaker databases and contains advanced material that seasoned professionals will appreciate. Whatever your level of programming skill or experience with the application, Learn FileMaker Pro 16 has something for you.
What You’ll Learn
- Explore the FileMaker application from a user perspective
- Create database files, tables, fields and relationships
- Write calculations using built-in functions and create your own custom functions
- Create SQL queries to build fast and efficient formulas
- Design user interfaces with an array of powerful objects
- Unify layout formatting using themes and styles
- Customize the menu bar to create a unique application tailored for users
- Automate tasks with scripts
- Extend the available functions and script steps with plug-ins
- Unlock the power of security access functionality
- Provide simultaneous access to teams by sharing databases across a network
- Analyze a database structure to ensure a solid design
- Includes a complete reference guide for built in functions
- Covers new features of version 16 such as JSON functions, Cards, Layout Object window, SortValues, UniqueValues, using variables in Data Sources and more!
Read the introduction here.
See the entire table of contents here.