FileMaker Pro 16 Released
FileMaker releases version 16 of its popular line of database development and runtime products.
May 9, 2017 — Today, FileMaker released their new version 16 product line. The new version continues to support the current v12 file format with an extension of .fmp12.
The new and enhanced features of this update include:
- Enhanced mobility features for iOS devices and the web.
- Increase in User Connections in FileMaker WebDirect.
- PDF support for FileMaker Server and FileMaker WebDirect.
- New interface for Windows.
- Data sources can now use a variable to specify a file reference.
- Improved interface in the Data Viewer.
- Value lists can now be copied and pasted.
- New built-in functions added: SortValues, UniqueValues as well as JSON, character encoding, cryptographic functions and more.
- Functionality provided by a plug-in can be access through external functions as well as new external script steps.
New Layout Design Tools
- New Layout Objects window allows you to easily select, hide, rename and rearrange objects in the stacking order.
- New Cards features allows one layout to be displayed as an overlay or sheet within a window displaying a different layout.
- OAuth support for third-party logins.
- New extended privileges for fmrest, fmurlscript and fmextscriptaccess. The fmscriptdisabled extended privilege has been removed.
FileMaker Pro is a relational data management system published by Apple subsidiary FileMaker Inc. Since its origin, the product has expanded into a full family of applications and has evolved to keep pace with powerful technological standards. The current incarnation is a powerful, feature-rich and easy-to-use integrated development tool, available in fifteen different languages. FileMaker databases can be shared across a network allowing teams using macOS, iOS, Windows or the web to work together.
FileMaker is popular with millions of developers and users, including independent consultants, employees of small businesses and members of teams working at medium to large businesses, non-profits and government agencies. Beginners are empowered by the ease of use and approachable interface. Professionals are won over by its rapid development capabilities for prototyping and the ability to build powerful user-friendly solutions. Business owners who don’t have time to learn to program can easily find a professional consultant to develop a system tailored to meet their individual needs.
For more information about the FileMaker Pro product line, visit Filemaker’s site here.