FileMaker Pro 16.0.4 Update Released
FileMaker releases update for FileMaker Pro version 16.0.4.
February 6, 2018 — Today, FileMaker pushed out an update to product line, releasing updates for FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Pro Advanced and FileMaker Server.
The new version of the desktop applications contain the following changes (from the release notes):
- Checking for updates when plug-ins were installed caused FileMaker Pro to close unexpectedly.
- Insert File script steps did not perform correctly when the account’s privilege set had available menu commands set to minimum.
Creating and managing files
- macOS: Scrolling in the Manage Database dialog box caused the application to close unexpectedly.
- macOS: Opening the Manage Value Lists dialog box when a reference to an external value list was missing caused FileMaker Pro to close unexpectedly.
- macOS High Sierra 10.13: Some options were not visible in the Save As dialog boxes until the dialog boxes were resized.
- macOS High Sierra 10.13: Popover animation started from the wrong position.
FileMaker Pro Advanced
- macOS: Selecting the Script Debugger menu after a script had opened and closed a hidden external file caused FileMaker Pro Advanced to close unexpectedly.
The 16.0.4 update can be downloaded from FileMaker’s support website:
FileMaker Server has also been updated to version 16.0.4.
FileMaker Pro is a relational data management system published by Apple subsidiary FileMaker Inc. Since its origin, the product has expanded into a full family of applications and has evolved to keep pace with powerful technological standards. The current incarnation is a powerful, feature-rich and easy-to-use integrated development tool, available in fifteen different languages. FileMaker databases can be shared across a network allowing teams using macOS, iOS, Windows or the web to work together.
FileMaker is popular with millions of developers and users, including independent consultants, employees of small businesses and members of teams working at medium to large businesses, non-profits and government agencies. Beginners are empowered by the ease of use and approachable interface. Professionals are won over by its rapid development capabilities for prototyping and the ability to build powerful user-friendly solutions. Business owners who don’t have time to learn to program can easily find a professional consultant to develop a system tailored to meet their individual needs.
For more information about the FileMaker Pro product line, visit Filemaker’s site.